·Usergroups
·Register
·Who is Online
Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit
Info
explorer issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MCSE Certification Forum Forum Index -> Windows 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author 
expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Move DNS Elsewhere Reply with quote

It sounds like there is lot's of wierdness on that DC. Try moving DNS to another server. Create a DNS server on some member box and create the zones. Make them AD integrated. Then go to the "Local area Network" connection and make sure that the server is pointing to the new DNS server. See if that takes care of some of the pausing. Most slow boot problems I have seen is where the server can't resolve it's own name. Oh and make sure you have the reverse lookup defined. If none of that helps. Then maybe their are processes that you can't see running. You might have gotten hacked. Google this: rootkit. It is very interesting and will help you find out if you have been hacked by one. Good luck and update us on your progress.

alencioni
expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: repair Reply with quote

You can run a repair on the os. The active directory should be backed up first and you will have to reinstall the service pack right afterwards. If all goes well you won't need the ad backup. I think the repair option is your best bet. If you can't open the network connections then there is something wrong with the os. You could try using ipconfig just to see what the settngs are.

alencioni
expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: file corruption & registry Reply with quote

It sounds like the electrician yanked out the power on your servers and corrupted the file system. I have seen all kinds of wierd problems when the registry gets damaged. It is ,after all , a database file. The backup and restore trick is one I will have to remember. I am glad you figured it out. Thanks for posting your results here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MCSE Certification Forum Forum Index -> Windows 2000 All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: